McAfee Removal Tool: How to Uninstall McAfee Antivirus?
McAfee is one among the leading antivirus companies that gives an all-around security to computer and mobile devices.
Compatible with Windows PCs, MacOS, iOS, and Android, McAfee has gained prominence within the world of cyber-security because it provides comprehensive protection against all viruses and malware attacks.
However, there might be numerous reasons thanks to which the users may need to uninstall this antivirus – McAfee. a number of the possible ones include:
- Cleaning up your system.
- Corrupted files resulting from previously installed versions of McAfee software.
- Third-party software conflicts.
- Migration to newer products like Endpoint Upgrade Assistant (EUA).
Now, the question arises- the way to uninstall McAfee from your computer system? There are several methods which will assist you remove McAfee properly.
If you've got McAfee products preinstalled on your system, you would like to first activate your McAfee subscription before you opt to get rid of the merchandise .
How to Uninstall McAfee using Windows Settings?
In order to urge obviate McAfee products from a PC running on Windows, you would like to use the quality method of removal. Here are some simple steps that are to be followed to uninstall McAfee software using the built-in settings:
- Click the ‘Start’ menu on the bottom left-hand corner and then tap the ‘gear’ (Settings) icon. Alternatively, you can type ‘Settings’ in the search bar.
- Select the ‘Apps’ menu.
- Search for McAfee related products by typing ‘McAfee’ in the search box.
- Click the McAfee app or product that you wish to remove and hit ‘Uninstall.’ This step will be followed by a prompt message for permission, on which you have to select ‘Uninstall’ again to confirm.
- Once you confirm, you will reach the McAfee uninstaller. Each version displayed here is different, so you need to abide by the removal instructions and the McAfee product will be automatically deleted from your computer system.
McAfee Removal Tool – McAfee Uninstaller
- McAfee Total Protection
- McAfee Internet Security Suite
- McAfee AntiSpyware
- McAfee Data Backup
- McAfee SpamKiller
- McAfee VirusScan
- McAfee QuickClean
- McAfee PC Protection Plus
- McAfee VirusScan Plus
- McAfee Wireless Protection
- McAfee SecurityCenter
- McAfee SiteAdvisor
- McAfee Anti-Spam
- McAfee Wireless Protection
- McAfee Personal Firewall
- McAfee Privacy Service
Below is the list of McAfee Removal Tools that come in handy when you want to uninstall the McAfee products:
- McAfee AntiVirus Removal Tool
- McAfee AntiSpyware Removal Tool
- McAfee Internet Security Removal Tool
- McAfee Personal Firewall Removal Tool
- McAfee Total Protection Removal Tool
- McAfee Virus Scan Removal Tool
Here is a step-by-step guide to use the McAfee Removal Tools:
- Download the latest version of MCPR from the official McAfee’s website.
- Run the MCPR tool.
- Accept the license agreement. Insert the CAPTCHA code.
- Click the ‘Next’ button to proceed.
- Wait for a moment until McAfee uninstall process begin.
- Once the uninstall process is complete, click ‘View Logs.
How to uninstall McAfee software from a non-Windows device?
McAfee Uninstaller for Linux
- Navigate to the ‘Applications’ menu.
- Choose the ‘Ubuntu Software Center.’
- Input ‘MAVL’ in the search box.
- Select the ‘McAfee AntiVirus For Linux’ option.
- Select the ‘Remove’ button.
- Fill the credentials as requested.
- Click ‘Authenticate’ to confirm.
McAfee Uninstaller for Android device and iPhones
- Go to the ‘Settings’ app.
- Tap the ‘Location & Security’ option.
- Click the ‘Device Administrators’ tab.
- Deselect ‘McAfee Mobile Security.’
- Then, you can go ahead with any of the two options:
- Uninstall Mobile Security with the help of in-app removal feature.
- Use the device’s default app removal feature.
- Here’s how to uninstall McAfee Mobile Security from iPhones and iPads:
- Press and hold the ‘McAfee Mobile Security’ app.
- Click the ‘x’ button located at the top left of the app icon.
- Select the ‘Delete’ option to confirm.
- Press the ‘Home’ button to complete the process. If you have iPhone X, tap ‘Done’ on the top-right corner of the screen.
Suppose if you want to get online privacy, you can select between McAfee Safe Connect, McAfee Web Advisor, and McAfee Safe Family but if you want to ensure full protection, you can download McAfee Total Protection. Moreover, Mcafee offer a distinct and separate product to keep your personal data secure i.e McAfee Identity Theft Protection. This way McAfee focuses on each and every aspect and fulfills all the customer needs. Here is the list of features that McAfee Includes. For enabling these features, you have to activate your McAfee product via mcafee.com/activate .